W.Green, G.Swanborough The Complete Book of Fighters
ALBATROS D VI Germany
The D VI twin-boom single-seat pusher biplane powered by a 180 hp Daimler D IIIa engine was built during 1917, and was flown for the first time in February 1918. The undercarriage was damaged during the initial landing and had still to be repaired in May when further work on the D VI was suspended due to higher priority allocated to other projects. The engine was then removed for another application. Armament comprised a fixed forward-firing 20-mm Becker cannon and a 7,92-mm LMG 08/15 machine gun.
Empty weight, 1,406 lb (638 kg).
Loaded weight, 1,940 lb (880 kg).
Span, 32ft 1 7/8 in (9,80m).
Length, 25 ft 5 1/8 in (7,75m).