Самолеты (сортировка по:)
Страна Конструктор Название Год Фото Текст

Lloyd C.II / C.III / C.IV

Страна: Австро-Венгрия

Год: 1915

Фронтовой самолет

Lloyd - C.I - 1914 - Австро-Венгрия<– –>Lloyd - D.I / 40.04 / 40.05 - 1915 - Австро-Венгрия


В.Кондратьев Самолеты первой мировой войны


ЛЛОЙД C-II/C-III / LLOYD C-II/C-III

   В начале 1915 года венгерская фирма Ллойд Флюгцойг унд Моторенфабрик развернула серийный выпуск двухместного многоцелевого биплана C-II. Этот цельнодеревянный аппарат со смешанной обшивкой отличался крыльями с ярко выраженной стреловидностью по передней кромке и дополнительными подкосами от фюзеляжа к верхнему крылу (позднее такая схема бипланной коробки была применена англичанами на их "полуторастоечном" "Сопвиче"). Экипаж размещался в общей кабине с трапециевидным вырезом.
   Помимо завода фирмы Ллойд в Ашоде, C-II выпускался венской фирмой Винер Кароссерие унд Флюгцойгфабрик (WKF).
   Оснащенный мощным 145-сильным мотором (на тогдашних германо-австрийских аэропланах в основном стояли двигатели в 100-120 л.с), "Ллойд" удачно сочетал в себе хорошие летные данные с простотой управления, характерной для большинства австрийских машин. Благодаря этому он нашел широкое применение в качестве разведчика на сербском и восточном фронтах. Единственным серьезным недостатком считалось отсутствие вооружения.
   От этого недостатка избавились в следующей модификации C-III, разработанной в 1916 году. Кроме турельного пулемета, на нее установили еще более мощный мотор.
   Новый "Ллойд" наилучшим образом подходил для боевых действий в горах Северной Италии. Он обладал высокой скороподъемностью, короткой взлетно-посадочной дистанцией и мог вполне устойчиво держаться в воздухе в условиях сильно возмущенной горной атмосферы.
   Основная масса C-III применялась на итальянском фронте, но в 1917 году небольшое количество этих машин попало на румынский фронт. C-III, так же, как и C-II, производили заводы фирм Ллойд и WKF. Данных о количестве построенных машин не сохранилось.
  
  
ДВИГАТЕЛЬ
  
   "Геро", 145 л.с. (C-II) или "Австро-Даймлер", 160 л.с. (C-III).
  
  
ВООРУЖЕНИЕ
  
   На C-II не предусмотрено, на C-III - 1 турельный "Шварцлозе". Иногда дополнительно ставили еще один такой же пулемет в обтекателе над верхним крылом для стрельбы вперед поверх винта. До 90 кг бомб.
  
  
ЛЕТНО-ТЕХНИЧЕСКИЕ ХАРАКТЕРИСТИКИ
("Ллойд" C-II)
  
   Размах, м 14,00
   Длина, м 9,00
   Площадь крыла, кв.м 38,00
   Сухой вес, кг 905
   Взлетный вес, кг 1400
   Скорость максимальная, км/ч 126
   Время набора высоты, м/мин 1000/3
   Потолок, м 3000


P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One


Lloyd 40.03

  According to LFT records, the Lloyd 40.03 was powered by a 160 hp Daimler engine and shipped to WKF. The 40.03 may have served as a manufacturing sample for the Lloyd C.III built by WKF under license as the C.III(WKF) series 43.5


Lloyd 40.09

  The Lloyd 40.09 biplane, powered by a 160 hp Daimler engine, was the prototype for the Lloyd C.IV series 44, the first production aircraft scheduled for the all-wood veneer wing. To obtain comparative performance figures, the 40.09 was flown with both veneer and fabric-covered wings and wings of differing shape. The initial series of flight tests, completed in July 1916, demonstrated that the fabric-winged version had slightly better speed (6 km/h - 4 mph) but a marginally lower rate of climb. A second test series with new fabric and veneer wings undertaken in mid-August 1916 yielded slightly improved performance, both versions being about equal. With the completion of flight trials, the 40.09 prototype (fitted with fabric-covered wings) was re-designated as a C.IV series 44 aircraft but the actual number has not been identified.


Lloyd 40.12

  Developed in parallel with the 40.11, the Lloyd 40.12 prototype (company Type K.B.3.16A) was under construction in August-September 1916. Listed in Flars records as a modification of the fabric-winged Lloyd C.IV series 44, the 40.12, powered by a 160 hp Daimler engine, was regarded as the definitive prototype for the veneer-winged C.IV series 44.4. Because of the excellent performance achieved by the 40.11 (Lloyd C.V), further development and scheduled production of the 40.12 (as series 44.4) was cancelled. A factory drawing dated October 1916 shows that the 40.12 prototype was re-designated C.IV 44.41 and remained the sole example of the series. The airframe, less engine, was stored at Flek 17 in September 1918.

Lloyd 40.12 Specifications
Engine: 160 hp Daimler
Wing: Span Upper 13.28 m (43.57 ft)
Span Lower 12.68 m (41.60 ft)
Chord Upper 1.54 m (5.05 ft)
Chord Lower 1.52 m (4.99 ft)
Dihedral Lower 2 deg
Sweepback Upper 8 deg
Sweepback Lower 8 deg
Gap 1.80 m (5.91 ft)
Stagger 0.35 m (1.15 ft)
Total Wing Area 30.74 sq m (331 sq ft)
General: Length 8.00 m (26.25 ft)
Height 2.95 m (9.68 ft)
Track 1.90 m (6.23 ft)
Loaded Weight 1200 kg (2646 lb)


Lloyd C.II Series 42

  On 22 July 1915, the largest contract to date was awarded to Lloyd for 62 C.II reconnaissance biplanes (Type K.B.3.15) powered by the 145 hp Hiero engine. In May 1916, an additional eight C.II biplanes were ordered to provide work for the Lloyd factory, bringing the total to 70 aircraft numbered 42.01 to 42.70. Deliveries lagged substantially behind the December 1915 completion schedule, primarily because output of the license-built Hiero (Mar) engines, first installed in aircraft 42.18, did not keep pace with C.II production. Nor was the new engine sufficiently reliable. According to Flik 17 (December 1915) "It was impossible to perform more than two or three flights without the engine acting up," an experience shared by other squadrons. Although Marta technicians, rushed to the Front, were gradually able fix the problems, engine performance tended to drop off "after only 10 to 12 hours" greatly reducing the rate of climb. Deliveries were further delayed by a severe injury to the sole Lloyd acceptance pilot in August, who was not replaced until December 1915. Records show that the majority of the C.II biplanes reached the Front between February and July 1916.
  The first C.II biplanes, accepted at Aszod in August 1915, were dispatched to Fliks 16 and 17. With time, the Lloyd C.II was in service with virtually every combat squadron stationed on the Russian Front (Fliks 9, 11, 13, 14, and 26), and Italian Front (Fliks 7, 15, 16, and 17). In late 1916, with the arrival of superior aircraft, the C.II was gradually withdrawn from the Front and placed into training service. Some were fitted with dual controls. Although not very popular as school machines, 20 C.II trainers were still flying as late as August 1918.

Lloyd C.II Series 42 Specifications
Engine: 145 hp Hiero
Wing: Span Upper 14.62 m (47.97 ft)
Span Lower 13.84 m (45.41 ft)
Chord Upper 2.00 m (6.56 ft)
Chord Lower 1.70 m (5.58 ft)
Dihedral Lower 2 deg
Sweepback Upper 8 deg
Sweepback Lower 8 deg
Gap 1.85 m (6.07 ft)
Stagger 0.13 m (0.43 ft)
Total Wing Area 38.3 sq m (412 sq ft)
General: Length 8.82 m (28.94 ft)
Height 3.16 m (10.37 ft|
Track 2.05 m (6.73 ft)
Empty Weight 900 kg (1985 lb)
Loaded Weight 1329 kg (2931 lb)
Maximum Speed: 128 km/hr (80 mph)
Climb: 1000m (3,281 ft) in 6 min


Lloyd C.III Series 43

  Lloyd delivered its first C.III in August 1916, just as the last of 44 license-built C.III|WKF) series 43.5 was accepted. It was never intended for Lloyd to manufacture the C.III, but delays in perfecting the veneer wing, scheduled for the Lloyd C.IV series 44, led Flars to order 16 aircraft (eight each of C.II and C.III) on 22 May 1916 to provide factory work. The C.III, referred to as a "lightened C.II" and carrying the same model number (Type K.B.3.15), was powered by the 160 hp Daimler engine. Acceptances of the C.III biplanes, numbered 43.01 to 43.08, began in August and ended in September 1916.
  Beginning in September 1916, the Lloyd-built C.III biplanes were sent to the newly-established Fliks 32 and 33 stationed on the Rumanian Front and performed general reconnaissance assignments with full satisfaction. During 1917, the Lloyd and WKF-built C.III aircraft were distributed among various Fliks for advanced flight and proficiency training. Further details can be found under Lloyd C.III(WKF) series 43.5.

Lloyd C.III Series 43 Specifications
Engine: 160 hp Daimler
Wing: Span Upper 14.62 m (47.97 ft)
Span Lower 13.84 m (45.41 ft)
Chord Upper 2.00 m (6.56 ft)
Chord Lower 1.70 m (5.58 ft)
Dihedral Lower 2 deg
Sweepback Upper 8 deg
Sweepback Lower 8 deg
Gap 1.85 m (6.07 ft)
Stagger 0.13 m (0.43 ft)
Total Wing Area 38.3 sq m (412 sq ft)
General: Length 8.82 m (28.94 ft)
Height 3.16 m (10.37 ft)
Track 2.05 m (6.73 ft)
Loaded Weight 1310 kg (2888 lb)
Maximum Speed: 137 km/hr (85 mph)
Climb: 1000m (3,281 ft) in 8 min


Lloyd C.IV Series 44 and 44.2

  Static calculations for the veneer-winged Lloyd C.IV series 44 biplane (Type K.B.3.16) were submitted to Flars for approval in February 1916. Production was under way in April and on 1 May 1916, Flars signed a contract for 48 C.IV series 44 biplanes, powered by the 160 hp Daimler engine, to be delivered between 13 May and 30 June 1916. When Flars learned that the veneer wing was experiencing serious manufacturing delays, the production total was reduced to 20 aircraft in July. Rather than stop output entirely and hoping to salvage what remained of the program, Flars decreed that all C.IV production aircraft were to be delivered with fabric-covered wings such as had been tested on the 40.09 prototype. The first C.IV aircraft was accepted in December 1916. Because the C.IV was overweight by 210 kg (463 lb), Lloyd incurred a penalty payment.
  In LFT records a total of 21 C.IV biplanes have been identified, consisting of 13 series 44, numbered 44.01 to 44.13, and eight series 44.2, numbered 44.21 to 44.28. The additional machine is believed to have been the renumbered 40.09. No explanation has been found why production was split into two separate batches, but indications are that series 44.2 was delivered with dual controls for training purposes. Because of marginal performance, the Lloyd C.IV biplanes were sent to the Eastern Front in February 1917 to serve with Fliks 11 and 26 and later Flik 43. Several were attached to frontline squadrons on the Italian Front as advanced trainer or communication aircraft. In August 1918 all remaining aircraft were ordered to home-front training establishments.
  Of the total C.IV aircraft built by Lloyd (21) and WKF (16), six were listed on frontline squadron inventory as of 1 August 1918. Eight Lloyd-built machines were offered for sale to Czechoslovakia in 1920.

Lloyd C.IV Series 44 Specifications
Engine: 160 hp Daimler
Wing: Span Upper 14.52 m (47.64 ft)
Span Lower 13.72 m (45.01 ft)
Chord Upper 1.55 m (5.09 ft)
Chord Lower 1.55 m (5.09 ft)
Dihedral Lower 1 deg
Sweepback Upper 8 deg
Sweepback Lower 8 deg
Gap 2.00 m (6.56 ft)
Stagger 0.35 m (1.15 ft)
Total Wing Area 38 sq m (408 sq ft)
General: Length 8.79 m (28.84 ft)
Height 3.18 m (10.43 ft)
Track 2.05 m (6.73 ft)
Empty Weight 909.7 kg (2006 lb)
Loaded Weight 1334.7 kg (2943 lb)
Maximum Speed: 137 km/hr (85 mph)
Climb: 1000m (3,281 ft) in 5 min 30 sec
2000m (6,562 ft) in 13 min 40 sec
3000m (9,843 ft) in 21 min 10 sec


Lloyd C.IV Series 44.4

  Concurrent with ordering 24 Lloyd C.V biplanes on 13 December 1916, Flars ordered eight C.IV series 44.4 biplanes (Type K.B.3.16A) as back-up insurance should unforeseen problems occur with the C.V's more innovative design. The veneer-winged biplanes were numbered 44.41 to 44.48 and powered by a 160 hp Daimler engine. As soon as it became apparent that the Lloyd C.V was a superior aircraft, the production contract for the C.IV series 44.4 biplanes was cancelled. Only one Lloyd C.IV series 44.4 aircraft appeared in the LFT inventory; it was number 44.41, the re-numbered 40.12 prototype.
  
Lloyd C.IV Series 44.4 Specifications
Engine: 160 hp Daimler
Wing: Span Upper 13.28 m (43.57 ft)
Span Lower 12.68 m (41.60 ft)
Chord Upper 1.54 m (5.05 ft)
Chord Lower 1.52 m (4.99 ft)
Sweepback Upper 8 deg
Sweepback Lower 8 deg
Gap 1.80 m (5.91 ft)
Stagger 0.35 m (1.15 ft)
Total Wing Area 33.16 sq m (357 sq ft)
General: Length 8.00 m (26.25 ft)
Height 2.95 m (9.68 ft)
Track 1.90 m (6.23 ft)
Empty Weight 843 kg (1859 lb)
Loaded Weight 1297 kg (2860 lb)
Maximum Speed: 135 km/hr (84 mph)
Climb: 1000m (3,281 ft) in 6 min


Lloyd C.III(WKF) Series 43.5

  For WKF's initial production contract, Flars chose a more powerful version of the popular and uncomplicated Lloyd C.II biplane. Designated Lloyd C.III(WKF), the airplane differed only in the engine installation that WKF modified for the 160 hp Daimler; all other parts were interchangeable with the Hiero-engined Lloyd C.II. After receiving a letter of intent, WKF began assembly work in mid-1915, and full-scale production was under way in December. The contract, signed on 8 February 1916, called for 24 Lloyd C.III series 43.5 biplanes to be delivered beginning in December 1915 and ending in March 1916. On 23 May 1916, twelve additional C.III biplanes were ordered, scheduled for delivery in April 1916. The contract was later amended to include an additional eight C.III biplanes as a substitute for the Lloyd C.IV(WKF) that had been delayed by development problems. Thus a total of 44 Lloyd C.III(WKF) biplanes, numbered 43.51 to 43.94, was delivered between January and August 1916.
  In February 1916, the first WKF-built C.III biplanes began to reach operational units, comprising the initial equipment of the newly-established Fliks 21 and 23 on the southern Tirol Front. When Flik 15 was transferred to this Front from the Balkans in March 1916, it also was equipped with Lloyd C.III(WKF) biplanes. The type was flown singly by Fliks 2, 4, and 12 on the Isonzo Front and Flik 16 in Karnten. On the Eastern Front, the C.III(WKF) comprised the original equipment of the newly-formed Fliks 26, 29, 30, and 31, and some "second-hand" machines were assigned to Fliks 1, 9, and 11. In October 1916, Flik 34 (Isonzo Front) was given three old C.III(WKF) machines to train novice pilots in landing on small airfields, rather than endanger the valuable Brandenburg C.I(Ph) series 27 aircraft for this purpose.
  When it arrived at the Front in early 1916, the C.III(WKF) was regarded as a serviceable, all-round reconnaissance type of average performance. Most aircraft were fitted with wireless equipment. Flik 15 reported in June 1916 that the C.III had fully met the high demands imposed by the surrounding mountainous terrain. In particular, new aircraft were repeatedly able to attain 4000 meters (13,124 ft) with full service load plus 60 kg (132 lb) bombs. However, the type was inferior to the new Brandenburg C.I that had become operational at about the same time. As a consequence, frontline units often took the new(er) Daimler engines from their C.III aircraft and installed the pirated powerplants in Brandenburg machines. That the C.III was, in effect, a "hidden supply depot" remained unknown to the high command. In the summer of 1916, the complaints of "soft" wings, vibrating struts, and degrading performance began to increase, and the C.III machines were withdrawn or dispatched to units on the Eastern Front.
  In March 1917, the C.III aircraft were removed altogether from operational service and modified into dual-control trainers. They were flown by advanced students primarily at Fleks 2 to 6 and 8. As of 1 July 1917, there were 32 C.III trainers in Flek inventory, and a handful were still flying in late 1918. Eight of these were offered for sale to the Czechoslovakian government in April 1920.


Lloyd C.IV(WKF) Series 44.5 and 44.6

  Having gained experience in building the Lloyd C.III, Flars now assigned WKF the license-production of the Lloyd C.IV biplane fitted with the new Lloyd veneer-covered wing. Component manufacture was well under way when Flars confirmed the letter of intent by signing a contract on 22 May 1916 for 24 Lloyd C.IV(WKF) biplanes. All were to be delivered by 24 June 1916. It soon became apparent that delays were inevitable owing to problems encountered in manufacturing the veneer wing. Flars considered cancelling the WKF contract, but rather than scrap completed parts, the C.IV production total was reduced to sixteen aircraft as outlined below. The remainder of the order was filled by an additional eight Lloyd C.III biplanes.
  Because of the veneer wing delays, Flars directed in July 1916 that the first eight C.IV aircraft would be delivered with fabric-covered wings (tested on the Lloyd 40.09 prototype) to keep the factory workers occupied and achieve some measure of output. These aircraft were designated Lloyd C.IV(WKF), numbered 44.51 to 44.58 and powered by a 160 hp Daimler engine. They were identical with the Lloyd C.IV series 44.
  The first machine was accepted in November 1916. In December, several series 44.5 biplanes were dispatched to Flik 7 and Flik 9 on the Russian Front and remained in operational service until February 1917, when they were replaced. Some of these aircraft were modified for dual control in October 1917 and used as training aircraft. Along with the Lloyd-built C.IV, the machines were periodically attached to frontline units such as Fliks 50, 52/D, 54/D, 58/D, 59/D, and 64/F and to rear-area units such as Flek 4 and 17. Three were offered for sale to the Czechoslovakian government in 1920.
  The second batch of eight aircraft, designated Lloyd C.IV(WKF) 44.61 to 44.68, represented a totally new design based on the Lloyd C.IV 44.41 (40.12) prototype. These machines were fitted with single-bay, veneer-covered wings and given a compact, streamlined fuselage and new tail unit. Power was supplied by a 160 hp Daimler engine. The first four aircraft were accepted after great delay in February 1917. The C.IV(WKF) series 44.6 saw limited frontline service. Flik 9 had one aircraft (44.63) in March 1917 and another was flown by Flik 54/D in November 1917. Five were listed in storage in October 1918.


E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918


40. Flugzeuge der Ungarischen Lloyd-Flugzeugfabrik Budapest
40.03 Lloyd DD Dm 160
40.09 Lloyd DD Prototyp für C.IV Dm 160
40.12 Lloyd DD Prototyp für C.IV Dm 160
42.01 — 42.49 Lloyd C.II H 145
42.51 — 42.70 Lloyd C.II H 145
43.01 — 43.08 Lloyd C.III Dm 160
43.51 — 43.97 Lloyd C.III (Wkf) Dm 160
44.01 — 44.27 Lloyd C.IV Dm 160
44.41 (ex 40.12) Lloyd C.IV Dm 160
44.51 — 44.58 Lloyd C.IV Dm 160
44.61 — 44.77 Lloyd C.IV Fournierflügel Dm 160

E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd DD-Prototyp
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C II 42.17
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.II 42.45, Flik 14
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C.II
В.Обухович, А.Никифоров - Самолеты Первой Мировой войны
Лёнер С I (???)
В.Обухович, А.Никифоров - Самолеты Первой Мировой войны
Ллойд C III
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.II(WKF) 43.51, Flik 30
В.Кондратьев - Самолеты первой мировой войны
"Ллойд" C-III, 30 эскадрилья ВВС Австро-Венгрии, август 1916г.
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C III 43.63
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C.III
В.Обухович, А.Никифоров - Самолеты Первой Мировой войны
H.Cowin - Aviation Pioneers /Osprey/
A Lloyd C II of the Austro-Hungarian forces operating at the southern end of the Eastern Front in 1916. Seen here being re-assembled after being rail freighted to the front, little more information concerning the aircraft's, crew's or unit identity survives. However, photographs reveal that shortly after this image was taken, the machine nosed-over during the subsequent attempted take-off.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.II 42.11 of Flik 7, an early production machine, captured by the Italians on 21 December 1915 after a forced landing due to engine failure. Derived from the C.I, the C.II had a plywood-covered fuselage, a lighter, stronger wing, and a straight, pointed rudder.
Lloyd C.II 42.11. Flugzeug hinter den italienischen Linien niedergegangen; Lt i.d.Res. Georg Kraigher mußte am 21. Dezember 1915 bei einem Bombenflug auf Strigno und Asiago infolge Triebwerksdefekt notlanden, unverletzt gefangen; Lt Kraigher war aus Gewichtsgründen solo gestartet (4 x 20 kg Skoda- und 4 x 10 kg Carbonit-Bomben an Bord), ohne Beobachter, um die Strecke von Pergine (Flik 7) zum Ziel durchfliegen zu können
Lloyd C.II 42.11. Самолет упал за линией фронта на стороне Италии; Lt i.d. Res. Георгу Крайгеру пришлось совершить вынужденную посадку 21 декабря 1915 года во время вылета на бомбардировку городов Стриньо и Азиаго из-за отказа двигателя, он был захвачен целым и невредимым; Лейтенант Крейгер взлетел в одиночку для уменьшения веса (4 х 20 кг Skoda и 4 х 10 кг карбонитовые бомбы на борту), без наблюдателя, чтобы иметь возможность пролететь по маршруту от Перджина (Flik 7) до цели.
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C.II 42.12 nach Bruchlandung am Flugfeld Horodenka der Flik 14; besonders komisch ist der Zusammenhang der Beschriftung der Tafel mit der Notlandung
Lloyd C.II 42.12, Flik 14, после аварийной посадки на аэродроме Городенка; Особенно забавна связь между надписью на доске и аварийной посадкой.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Posing for photographs for a technical manual, this Lloyd C.II 42.26, formerly of Flik 15, was flown as a trainer by Schulkompagnie 1 in late 1916. It was one of the last to have a socket-mounted machine gun.
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C.II 42.52 in Aspern, Einfliegerei. Maschine aus W.K.F.-Produktion
Lloyd C.II 42.52 в Асперн, облет. Машина производства W.K.F.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Leutnant Lambert Hubner and Zugsfuhrer Franz Koudela of Flik 26 with the Lloyd C.II 42.55. The wooden strips and insulators running along the fuselage, usually protected by a Cellon cover, formed part of the wireless transmitting antenna.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
The unarmed Lloyd C.II 42.58 was flown as a dual-control trainer by Flek 8 in December 1916.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
The Lloyd C.III 43.02, one of eight built, was flown operationally by Flik 33 between November 1916 and February 1917. Identical to the C.II, the only discernible difference is the right-hand exhaust of the Daimler engine.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Flik 21 ground crews hauling the Lloyd C.III(WKF) 43.53 into the hangar to repair a broken tail skid (April 1916). Early production machines were fitted with a dorsal gun tripod and side mounts to which the machine gun, in this case a German Bergmann LMG 15, could be shifted.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Returning from a bombing raid on the Piave bridges, the Lloyd C.III(WKF) 43.57, piloted by Korporal Franz Neumann, suffered engine failure on 23 March 1916. The C.III can be identified by the right-hand exhaust stacks of the 160 hp Daimler engine. On the C.II, the 145 hp Hiero exhausts were on the left.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.III(WKF) 43.63 at Aspern in the winter of 1916, after serving with Flik 15 from April to August 1916. Production machines were soon fitted with the standard machine-gun ring at the factory. The open slots below the fin allowed adjustment of the tailplane incidence.
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Pilot Korporal Franz Schwarz and Leutnant Lambert Hubner of Flik 26 in their Lloyd C.III(WKF) 43.75 on the Horodenka airfield, Galicia. A gimballed compass is mounted outboard of the pilot’s cockpit. The platform to support the belt-driven wireless dynamo is just visible under the nose. The curved, one-piece windscreen is a WKF identification feature.
Lloyd C.III 43.75, Flik 21. Pergine. Sommer 1916; bemerkenswert die hellfarbigen Reifen
Lloyd C.III 43,75, Flik 21. Перджин. Лето 1916 г.; обратите внимание на светлые шины
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
After serving with Flik 29, this Lloyd C.III(WKF) 43.82 came to Flik 26 in the summer of 1916, where it was modified into a dual-control trainer (above) in May 1917. Shown are (l-r) Leutnant Anton Wolf, Oberleutnants Karl Woral and Ernst Ritter von Pfiffer, and Feldwebel Franz Schobesberger of Flik 26 at Przewoziec airfield, Galicia.
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C.III 43.82, Flik 26, Zastawna, März 1917, Schulflugzeug mit Doppelsteuer, links Lt Anton Wolf, Oblt Karl Woral, rechts Fp Oblt Ernst Ritter von Pfiffer und Fp Fw Franz Schobesberger
Lloyd C.III 43.82, Flik 26, Zastawna, март 1917 г., учебно-тренировочный самолет с двойным управлением, слева лейтенант Антон Вольф, Oblt Карл Ворал, справа Fp Oblt Ernst Ritter von Pfiffer и Fp Fw Franz Schobesberger
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C.III(WKF) 43.84 of Flik 30 at Maramarossziget on the Karpathian Front between October-December 1916. The top engine cowling has been removed, either for servicing or to provide cooling air.
Lloyd C.III 43.84, Flik 30, Vlarmaros-Szigeth, Herbst 1916, Radioausrüstung mit Dynamo
В.Кондратьев - Самолеты первой мировой войны
"Ллойд" C-III на живописном побережье Адриатического моря. Итало-австрийский фронт, 1917 год.
Jane's All The World Aircraft 1919 /Jane's/
A 1915-1916 Lloyd Two-Seater Biplane
C.Owers - Hansa-Brandenburg Aircraft of WWI. Volume 1 - Landplanes /Centennial Perspective/ (17)
A Lloyd C-type leads this line up with Brandenburg C.I reconnaissance machines. Note fuselage and wings stored in the canvas hangar. (AHT AL0995-045)
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Shown here at Aspern in early 1917, the Lloyd C.IV 44.08 was fitted with twin-bay, fabric-covered wings. The bump behind the observer’s position made space available for a camera, film cassettes, and a wireless transmitter.
E.Hauke, W.Schroeder, B.Totschinger - Die Flugzeuge der k.u.k. Luftfahrtruppe und Seeflieger 1914-1918
Lloyd C.IV 44.26, Fiep 6, Lublin. April 1917, Anlieferung mittels Transportwagen
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.IV(WKF) 44.51, powered by a 160 hp Daimler engine, at the WKF factory prior to application of the national markings. It differed from the Lloyd-built C.IV in that the cabane was strengthened. The degree of finish is exemplary.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
The Lloyd C.IV(WKF) series 44.5 biplane, emerging from a Flik 9 hangar, is either aircraft 44.54, 44.57, or 44.58. All three were attached to Flik 9 at Kragla, Galicia, in February 1917. The gravity tank was built into the machine-gun canister.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Shown at the Military Aircraft Exhibition in Budapest in April 1917, the single-bay Lloyd C.IV 44.41 (ex 40.12) had more sharply-pointed wings in contrast to earlier Lloyd aircraft. In the background can be seen the tail of the second version of the Lloyd 40.05 (D.I Series 45).
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
The Lloyd 40.09 as shown here with the veneer-covered wings, was a forerunner of the Lloyd 40.12 prototype, which it closely resembled.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Derived from the Lloyd C.II, the 40.09 had a more streamlined fuselage, a fully-cowled engine, and gun-ring. Other than a single diagonal strut bracing the wing tip, the wing cellule appears identical to that of the Lloyd 40.04.
Lloyd 40.09, Aspern, Einfliegerei, Versuchsflugzeug zur Ba 44. Fournierflächen
Lloyd 40.09, Асперн, облет, испытательный самолет для Ba 44. Крылья имеют конструкцию Fourniertragflächen (вместо полотна использовались полосы шпона).
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.III(WKF) biplanes being assembled in the WKF factory in mid-1916. Compare the conventional, fabric-covered wing under construction (left foreground) with the typical interior framework of the Lloyd veneer-covered wing on the right.
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Close-up of the common cockpit of the Lloyd C.II 42.20 shows the beautifully varnished fuselage, the tubular gun ring, and the machine gun bracket. The round opening in the fuselage frame is for a flight instrument (or compass?), visible to both crew members.
В.Кондратьев - Самолеты первой мировой войны
"Ллойд" C-II
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.II Series 42 and C.III Series 43
P.Grosz, G.Haddow, P.Shiemer - Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One /Flying Machines/
Lloyd C.IV Series 44.4