L.Opdyke French Aeroplanes Before the Great War (Schiffer)
Deleted by request of (c)Schiffer Publishing
Flight, January 6, 1912.
PARIS AERO SHOW.
De Poix et de Roig.
THIS two-seater monoplane presents little difference from standard practice, and consequently a few words will suffice to describe it. Its fuselage, 30 ft. in length, is a skiff-like structure much after the same idea as that originated by Hanriot. The motor, which is mounted in front of the body, is a 100-h.p. water-cooled Clerget, and drives a large diameter Rapid propeller. Its landing chassis is of the customary A-type wheel and skid class, having a track of just over six feet. Balancing is carried out by means of warping the main wings, which latter have a span of 37 feet, and this action is controlled from the steering-wheel that is mounted in an exactly similar fashion to that of the Deperdussin. The tail unit is almost identical with that of the Hanriot with which we are all familiar, a flat plane acting as a stabiliser, while to its rear edge are hinged two small planes serving as elevators.