Форум Breguet's Aircraft Challenge
Gustav Otto (born 1883) - after getting his pilotlicence in 1910 - started a aeroplane firm in Munchen with the name AGO Aeroplanbau Otto & Alberti in May 1911. It got a new name in June 1911 (quick!) Flugmaschinen-Werke Gustav Otto.
The Munich part of the firm was sold in 1916 to become the Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (BFW).
There was a subsidiary in Johannisthal the socalled Johannisthal Vertriebstelle der Otto-Werke, which continued as a seperate firm as AGO Aviatiker Gustav Otto in summer 1912. Later the name was again changed to AGO-Flugzeugwerke GmbH Berlin-Johannisthal. The original name AGO becoming here an acronym without a meaning.
Looking in the list of German seaplane Numbers 1911-1918 I found the following information on the relevant AGO tractor seaplane (there are other seaplanes by Ago that were pushers).
D 19 Ago 100 hp Oberursel (first Avro copy built by Ago)
30-39 Ago 100 hp Oberursel (Avro copy)
The AGO Seedoppeldecker was a copy of the Avro 503 (built probably under licence) which was powered with a 9 cylinder Gnome rotary (licence built by Oberursel) . The prototype (D 19) was presented to the Deutsche Marine in January 1914 in Holtenau. The series production, although completely built, was not succesfull in use. After this 10 examples no more were built. After that the German Marine ordered the seemingly old-fashioned Ago-Gitterrumpf types:
65-69 Ago (engine Argus As.III), a pusher patterned on the Wight biplane purchased from England in 1913
70-72 Ago pushers (of which 71 and 72 were not accepted by the Deutsche Marine).
Flight, September 25, 1914.
AIRCRAFT "MADE IN GERMANY"
WHICH MAY BE EMPLOYED AGAINST THE ALLIES.
3. The Ago Tractor Seaplane
is a fuselage biplane, with accommodation for pilot and passenger sitting one in front of the other. Of the main planes, which are set at a dihedral angle, ailerons are fitted to the upper one only. The two floats are of the single stepped type, and are carried on a series of A steel tubes attached to the lower plane at its junction to the inner pairs of interplane struts.