M.Goodall, A.Tagg British Aircraft before the Great War (Schiffer)
Deleted by request of (c)Schiffer Publishing
P.Lewis British Aircraft 1809-1914 (Putnam)
The Weston-Hurlin Biplane was constructed during 1911 by Weston-Hurlin and Co., of Paddington, London. The swept-back main wings were mounted on top of the fuselage, with the Webb-Peet rotary engine set on the leading-edge and the pilot at the trailing-edge. The upper wings of 16 ft. span were straight and were mounted above the 30 ft. span lower vee-shaped wings on four struts. The elevators were mounted at the front, a normal tail unit being carried at the rear.
The two-seat tractor Harper Monoplane was designed by A. M. Harper and was built during 1912 by Weston-Hurlin and Company of Paddington. It was entered in the Military Trials held in August on Salisbury Plain, but did not take part in them. Its engine was the four-cylinder 60 h.p. Green. Span, 35 ft. Length, 27 ft. Maximum speed, 60 m.p.h.