Flight, April 16, 1910
An Hungarian Monoplane.
IN the two accompanying photographs is seen a monoplane which has just been constructed at Budapest by an engineer, Aladar Zselyi. The frame is constructed of spruce and steel-tubing, braced in the ordinary way by steel wires. The two main-planes fit into sockets in the main frame at a small dihedral angle. They have a span of 20 ft. and a chord of 6 ft., while the total lifting surface of the machine is 130 sq. ft., and the elevator has an area of 21.5 sq. ft. A two-bladed Chauviere tractor-screw, 6 ft. in diameter, is driven direct by a 30-h.p. Darracq water-cooled motor; and the novel arrangement of the radiator will be noticed in the photographs. The total length of the machine is 23 ft., and it weighs 340 lbs., or 475 lbs. with the pilot on board.