L.Opdyke French Aeroplanes Before the Great War (Schiffer)
Deleted by request of (c)Schiffer Publishing
This firm was best known for building horse-drawn vehicles and later car bodies. At the 1910 Paris Exposition, they showed a monoplane with a long streamlined tubular fuselage made of cylinders assembled on wooden spars. The wing ribs were built from a web of cork with ash flanges; the wings were tapered, with curved tips. The tailplane was of long chord with split elevators. The undercarriage resembled that of the Bleriot XI with forward skids, but with a different springing arrangement. It was flown or at least tested at Juvisy in 1910 by a pilot named Merle. Audineau also built the 1911 Pivot-Koechlin.