M.Goodall, A.Tagg British Aircraft before the Great War (Schiffer)
Deleted by request of (c)Schiffer Publishing
McARDLE & GOULD monoplane (W.E. McArdle and George Gould, Gladstone Rd., Bournemouth and Bagshot Moor, near Beaulieu)
W.E. McArdle and J. Armstrong Drexel were the proprietors and chief flying instructors of the New Forest Aviation School near Beaulieu, which flourished in 1910 and early 1911 and which, at its height, had at least seven Bleriot monoplanes in use; three of these were built by McArdle's garage and motor works at Bournemouth and fitted with Anzani engines.
McArdle and George Gould, who became chief engineer of the New Forest School, built a monoplane of Bleriot type at Bournemouth in August 1909. Nothing was subsequently heard of it. George Gould was McArdle's foreman carpenter for the aero-construction.
In May 1910 McArdle was reported to be building three biplanes at Bournemouth. The Flying School closed down in early 1912 and some or all of their aeroplanes were sold to Major F.B. Fowler of the Eastbourne Aviation Company's Flying School.