M.Goodall, A.Tagg British Aircraft before the Great War (Schiffer)
Deleted by request of (c)Schiffer Publishing
Few details are known of this machine constructed by Mulliner's Coachworks Ltd. at Varden's Rd., Clapham Junction, SW for Mr. Skinner. It was complete and ready for testing at Brooklands in August 1911, and was reported to have been bought by Jack Humphreys in September.
The machine was a single-seater tractor with triangular section fuselage girder, which was uncovered at the front, to just behind the pilot's seat. A substantial twin skid undercarriage extended well forward, to protect the propeller, and a long tail skid was fitted. An elongated fin and tailplane extended well forward on the top of the fuselage, and behind was mounted a cruciform tail unit, which was moveable on a single pivot. The wing had a well cambered section and marked dihedral, with lateral control by warping.
Power: 60hp ENV type F eight-cylinder water-cooled vee.
P.Lewis British Aircraft 1809-1914 (Putnam)
The Skinner Monoplane was constructed during 1911 by Mulliner Coachworks Ltd., at their works at Vardens Road,,Clapham Junction, London, S.W., to the requirements of a Mr. Skinner. The engine was the eight-cylinder 60 h.p. E.N.V. "F", and the single-seat machine was modelled on the lines of the Antoinette. A sturdy twin-skid undercarriage was fitted, and the controls consisted of wing-warping, together with a cruciform tail unit in which the rudder and elevators were pivoted at one point. The Skinner Monoplane was at Brooklands for testing during August, 1911.