Самолеты (сортировка по:)
Страна Конструктор Название Год Фото Текст

AEG C.IV/C.IVA/C.V/C.VI

Страна: Германия

Год: 1916

Two-seat reconnaissance or artillery observation

AEG - G.I - G.IV - 1915 - Германия<– –>AEG - C.VII - 1916 - Германия


В.Кондратьев Самолеты первой мировой войны


AEG C-IV/C-IVA/C-lVN/C-Vl

  Двухстоечный биплан смешанной конструкции с полотняной обшивкой. Силовой набор фюзеляжа - сварная ферма из тонкостенных стальных труб. Из них же изготовлены лонжероны крыльев, межкрыльевые стойки, каркас оперения и тележка шасси. Только нервюры и передние кромки крыльев выполнялись из дерева. Капот двигателя из штампованных дюралевых листов.
  Автор проекта - инженер-конструктор фирмы Альгемайне Электрицитатс Гезельшафт (AEG) Кёниг. C-IV разработан весной 1916 года. Самолет выпускался серийно на заводе фирмы AEG в Хеннигсдорфе под Берлином и на Иоханнештальском предприятии фирмы Фоккер. До конца 1917 года построено более 400 экземпляров.
  AEG C-IV и его модификации широко применялись на западном фронте в качестве разведчиков и фронтовых бомбардировщиков примерно до середины 1918-го, когда были постепенно заменены "Хальберштадтами" и "Ханноверами". Кроме того отмечалось появление этих машин в северной Италии и Македонии. Помимо германских, они состояли на вооружении болгарских и турецких ВВС. Самолет отличался высокой весовой отдачей, хорошими пилотажными и эксплуатационными характеристиками.
  
  
МОДИФИКАЦИИ
  
  C-IV - двигатель "Мерседес", 160 л.с.
  C-IVA - двигатель "Аргус", 180 л.с.
  C-VI - двигатель "Бенц", 200 л.с.
  
  
ВООРУЖЕНИЕ
  
  1 турельный "Парабеллум". На некоторые экземпляры дополнительно ставили синхронный "Шпандау". C-IV и C-IVA поднимали до 100 кг бомб.
  
  
ЛЕТНО-ТЕХНИЧЕСКИЕ ХАРАКТЕРИСТИКИ
  
   C-IV
  Размах, м 13,46
  Длина, м 7,15
  Площадь крыла, кв.м 36,52
  Сухой вес, кг 800
  Взлетный вес, кг 120
  Скорость максимальная, км/ч 158
  Время набора высоты, м/мин 2000/12
  Потолок, м 3600


А.Александров, Г.Петров Крылатые пленники России


Гигантская Электротехническая компания Германии, АЭГ, занималась также строительством аэропланов, осуществляя этот род деятельности в период с 1910 по 1919 гг. Наиболее известной ее продукцией были бомбардировщики класса Г, тогда как разведчики классов Б и Ц оставались как бы в тени, хотя количественно их выпуск преобладал. Среди 658 АЭГ'овских скаутов - вооруженных двухместных аппаратов, достойное место занимает "Ц-четвертый", появившийся весной 1916 г. За исключением деревянных нервюр его остов почти полностью состоял из стальных труб, что отличало конструкцию от аналогичных моделей фирм "Альбатрос", "Авиатик" и "Эльфауге", но одновременно требовало внедрения сварочных технологий. Специалистом в данной области слыла компания Фоккера, а потому ей настойчиво рекомендовали организовать у себя лицензированную сборку самолетов АЭГ. В июне 1917 г. 170 машин указанной марки находились на фронте; примерно через год их число сократилось до 40. Недостатком аэропланов АЭГ Ц. IV являлся их не слишком мощный - для аппарата с более чем 13-метровым размахом крыльев, двигатель "Мерседес" 160 л. с, замечательный, однако, по надежности. Как и многие другие германские модели, названная поставлялась Турции и Болгарии, и, таким образом, сфера применения на Востоке была весьма и весьма велика. Нельзя точно сказать, какими путями попал в Красную авиацию представленный здесь АЭГ Ц. IV (62), чья участь незавидна; нельзя не отметить и характерный признак АЭГ'овских машин - волнообразный излом задней кромки элеронов.


O.Thetford, P.Gray German Aircraft of the First World War (Putnam)


A.E.G. C IV

  In 1916, with the realisation of the importance of aerial reconnaissance, the German Air Force decided to expand its II. Abt. and Fl. Abt. (A) Flights. Several factories undertook design and production of C type machines to enable newly created units to be raised to operational status with the minimum of delay.
  The A.E.G. C IV was one of the types selected for production under this programme. Its short fuselage, combined with the considerable wingspan and the angularity of its tail surfaces, gave it a decidedly ungainly appearance and it was not an aircraft to delight the eye. Nevertheless, it performed very usefully with front-line units. The exact number built is not on record, but a total of 658 C type A.E.G.s was produced, and it is known that the C IV predominated.
  With the exception of the wooden wing ribs, the A.E.G. C IV was built almost completely of steel tube of varying gauge and diameter. In this respect it differed widely from its Albatros, Aviatik and L.V.G. contemporaries. By virtue of its experience of welded construction, the Fokker factory at Schwerin was ordered to build the C IV under licence, a situation which the egotistical Anthony Fokker personally found extremely galling.
  Power was provided by the 160 h.p. Mercedes D III motor, which, splendid engine though it was, was a far from adequate installation for an aircraft of this wingspan. The bulbous nose panelling surrounding it paid scant heed to the demands of streamlining, and a large rectangular Daimler Mercedes radiator encumbered the underside of the centre-section, being mounted directly under the main spar. A rhino-horn exhaust manifold of formidable proportions ejected vertically over the top wing. The fuselage basically a braced box-girder; longerons and transverse members were of 16 mm. diameter steel tube, except for the three rearmost stations, which were of 20 mm. tube, welded together with sheet steel lugs in the corners for the attachment of the bracing cables. A Ministry of Munitions report on a captured example stressed the quality of the welding. That considerable attention was paid to structural detail, if not to streamlining, is evidenced by the fact that at certain points in the fuselage where bracing wires lay in the same plane as cross members, such members were diagonally drilled and a small-diameter tube welded in place for the passage of the wire.
  The wings were built on two steel tube spars some 40 mm. in diameter, the wooden ribs being interspaced with false ribs extending from the wooden, semicircular leading-edge member back to the front spar. The aileron wires ran through a steel tube in the lower wing mounted behind the front spar, which served as an additional structural member. The trailing edge was a simple wire member which imparted a slightly scalloped profile, characteristic of so many German aircraft. The ailerons themselves were also of steel tube frame, unbalanced, and those of the production aircraft had a distinctive "bite" out of the trailing edge unlike those of the prototype aircraft, which were parallel. With its shallow cut-out, the centre-section was supported on six steel struts in order to amply sustain the bulky radiator and gravity fuel tank which were fixed to it. The wings were rigged with a slight degree of sweep, not apparent from photographs, 1° 10' in the upper wing and 1° 5' in the lower. All struts were of streamlined steel tube and bracing was by stranded cable wires.
  Again in all tail surfaces, steel tube was the constructional material; they were plain unbalanced surfaces of uniform "flat plate" section. A unique feature was the adjustable tail plane incidence. This could be pre-set to one of three different positions, according to the trim desired, and to permit this the tailplane bracing struts were ingeniously adjustable for length by virtue of a shackle end which screwed in, or out, of the top of the actual steel strut tube.
  Streamlined steel tube (70 x 35 mm.) formed the vees of the undercarriage chassis, while the shock absorbers were of spiral steel springs. The tail skid was an extremely robust affair, welded from sheet steel, mounted on the base of the stern post, and internally sprung by four spiral springs in direct tension.
  A total of 170 A.E.G. two-seaters were serving on all Fronts in June 1917, and 40 were still operational as late as August 1918.

TECHNICAL DATA
  Description: Two-seat reconnaissance or artillery observation.
  Manufacturers:
   Allgemeine Elektrizitiits Gesellschaft (A.E.G.).
   Fokker Flugzeugwerke G.m.b.H. Schwerin (Fok.).
  Power Plant: 160 h.p. Mercedes D III 6 cylinder in-line water cooled.
  Dimensions: Span, 13460 m. (44 ft. 2 in.). Length, 7150 m. (23 ft. 5 1/2 in.). Height, 3.350 m. (10 ft. 11 7/8 in.). Wing area, 39 sq.m. (421.2 sq.ft.).
  Heights: Empty, 800 kg. (1,760 lb.). Loaded, 1,120 kg. (2,464 lb.).
  Performance: Maximum speed, 158 km.hr. (98.75 m.p.h.). Initial climb, 1,000 m. (3,280 ft.) in 6 min. Ceiling, 5,000 m. (16,400 ft.). Duration, 4 hr.
  Armament: Two machine-guns. One fixed Spandau for pilot and one free-firing Parabellum for observer.


A.E.G. C V
  Designed to utilise the geared straight-eight-cylinder 220 h.p. Mercedes engine, the C V made its debut in February 1916. Only one machine was built, as the Albatros C V proved much superior. Engine, 220 h.p. Mercedes D IV. Span, 13.20 m. (43 ft. 3 3/4 in.). Length, 7.6 m. (24 ft. 11 1/4 in.). Area, 41.5 sq.m. (448 sq.ft.). Weights: Empty, 900 kg. (1,980 lb.). Loaded, 1,432 kg. (3,150 lb). Speed, 165 km.hr. (103.12 m.p.h.). Climb, 1,000 m. (3,280 ft.) in 5 min.


Журнал Flight


Flight, July 12, 1917.

SOME 1917 TYPE GERMAN AEROPLANES.

The A.E.G. (Type C. IV).

  The Allgemeine Elektrizitats Gesellschaft build two types of machines - one a twin-engined biplane and the other an ordinary two-seater biplane with single engine. The wings of the single-engined machine, which, like all the A.E.G. machines, is built entirely of steel tube, are of 42 ft. 6 ins. span, so that the machine is a fairly large one. The wings are set at a small dihedral angle and also slope back slightly. There are two pairs of struts on each side, and the machine is remarkable for its exceptionally large gap between the planes.
  The wings are built entirely of steel tube, with the exception of the leading edge and intermediate ribs. The ailerons, it will be seen from the sketch, are of rather peculiar shape, and form on that account a good guide for purposes of identification.
  Like the rest of the machine, the body is built of steel tube, and is flat-sided except in front, where it is covered with three-ply and slightly rounded. The engine, a 175 h.p. Mercedes, is mounted on two longitudinal bearers of square section steel tube. The petrol service tank and radiator are incorporated with the centre section of the top plane, which is straight. The armament consists of two machine guns, the front one fixed and synchronised, the rear one on a gun ring, and of four bombs placed on top of one another inside the body, to the right of the passenger.

В.Кондратьев - Самолеты первой мировой войны
AEG C-IV ВВС Германии, 1917г.
В.Кондратьев - Самолеты первой мировой войны
AEG C-IV
Журнал - Flight за 1917 г.
A captured German (A.E.G.) biplane with 175 h.p. Mercedes engine. Note the peculiar shape of the ailerons.
O.Thetford, P.Gray - German Aircraft of the First World War /Putnam/
AEG C.IV
Сайт - Pilots-and-planes /WWW/
O.Thetford, P.Gray - German Aircraft of the First World War /Putnam/
AEG C.IV
В.Обухович, А.Никифоров - Самолеты Первой Мировой войны
В.Кондратьев - Самолеты первой мировой войны
Не попавший на фронт малосерийный разведчик AEG C-V
O.Thetford, P.Gray - German Aircraft of the First World War /Putnam/
A.E.G. C V
А.Александров, Г.Петров - Крылатые пленники России
(КПР 62)
Журнал - Flight за 1917 г.
Jane's All The World Aircraft 1919 /Jane's/
A.E.G. two-seater biplane, type C.IV
Сайт - Pilots-and-planes /WWW/
В.Кондратьев - Самолеты первой мировой войны
AEG C-IV