Книги

Putnam
L.Andersson
Soviet Aircraft and Aviation 1917-1941
63

L.Andersson - Soviet Aircraft and Aviation 1917-1941 /Putnam/

One Bristol F.2B Fighter was captured during the Civil War and one was purchased from Great Britain for evaluation during 1922. Both served as trainers until withdrawn from use in 1925.
A Sopwith 1 1/2-Strutter named Krasnyi pobeditel' (Red Victor) with the slogan "Krasnye orly vsekh stran - sletaites" (Red Eagles Of All Countries - Fly Together).
The Sopwith 1 1/2-Strutter was one of the most numerous types in the RKKVF before 1922 and many were built by the Duks (GAZ No. 1) factory in Moscow.
This Sopwith Snipe was named Nelly and flown by G S Sapozhnikov. It crashed on 8 September, 1922, on the Wrangel Front.
The first foreign equipment obtained for the RKKVF included eighteen Ansaldo A 1 Balilla fighters. They were assigned to the naval fighter flights at Odessa and Leningrad.
The first aircraft used by the RKKVF were French types taken over from the Imperial Russian Air Fleet in 1917. This Nieuport fighter has an interesting and unusual type of national insignia.
The most significant event on the Eastern Front was the Bolshevik revolution in Russia that led to the Russian exit from the war. This Nieuport 17 was in Russian service and, as shown by the markings, went on to serve the Bolshevik forces.
Many Nieuport 10, 17, 21, 23, 24, 25 and other models were taken over by the RKKVF. This is probably a Nieuport 23.
The Nieuport 24bis fighter was built by GAZ No. 1 in Moscow until 1923. A last series of thirty aircraft was completed in that year.
In September 1923 the RKKVF had 125 Nieuport 24bis fighters in service but their number diminished quickly. They were withdrawn from fighter units in 1925.
Line-up of Nieuport 24bis fighters with a couple of B.E.2es at the end of the line, Moscow 1922. K K Artseulov at front between the two nearest aircraft.
Civilians inspect Fokker D VII fighters at an air show, probably at the Khodynka aerodrome in Moscow.
When delivered in May 1922 half of the fifty Fokker D VII fighters acquired by the RKKVF were assigned to the 1st Otdel'naya istrebitel'naya eskadril'ya at Gatchina, south of Leningrad.
Fifty Fokker D VII fighters were obtained from Holland and delivered in May 1922. They were assigned to the fighter eskadrilii at Gatchina, near Leningrad, and Kiev.
This Fokker D VII came to grief in the water but was probably repaired.
Soviet aircraft mere normally fitted with skis in the winter. The first U-1 trainer (Avro 504K copy) mas completed in 1923.
The U-1 and R-1 (in the background) were the standard VVS training types in the second half of the 1920s and early 1930s.
An MU-1 (c/n 2253) of the Military School of Naval Pilots at Sevastopol, circa 1930. The MU-1 was a float-equipped copy of the Avro 504K.
The float-equipped version of the U-1 was called MU-1 and was used at the Military School of Naval Pilots at Sevastopol.
Several de Havilland D.H. 9s were captured during the Civil War and others were purchased from Great Britain in 1922-24.
More than twenty R.E.8 aircraft were put in service by the RKKVF.
The Ansaldo SVA 10 was a two-seat reconnaissance aircraft. Thirty were ordered but only sixteen were delivered in May 1922 and assigned to two otryady based at Rostov.
The equipment of the Imperial Russian Air Fleet consisted mainly of a number of French aircraft types. This photograph of a Deperdussin Type D was probably taken before the First World War.
A much-adorned Morane-Saulnier Parasol. A large number of Morane-Saulnier aircraft of different types were used by the RKKVF.
This Farman F. 30 probably was the example that was used at the NOA (c/n 236/238) in 1923.
An Albatros C XII, one of the many Albatros types used by the RKKVF.
Twenty German LVG C VI reconnaissance aircraft were acquired by the RKKVF in 1922 and used by units based at Tashkent and Moscow until replaced in 1924.
This Brandenburg C I was probably captured in the Ukraine. At the end of 1921 only one aircraft of this type remained in RKKVF service.
Fairey IIIC N2233 was one of three captured in Northern Russia and used by the RKKVF.
A total of forty-one Martinsyde F.4 fighters were purchased from Great Britain in two batches in 1922-23. They were assigned to the 2nd Fighter aviaeskadril'ya based near Moscow.
A substantial number of Grigorovich M-5 flying-boats were used as trainers until 1926.
Very few Porokhovshchikov P-IVbis trainers were built and most of the similar Porokhovshchikov 6s were never completed.
Ten of the twenty Tellier T 3 reconnaissance flying-boats built in 1917 were assembled in 1920-21, but in the event only one was completed.
One of the three two-seat Fokker C. Is acquired with the fifty Fokker D VII fighters in 1922 for use as transitional trainers.
With the exception of the engine type and the configuration of the rear cockpit the Fokker C. III two-seat trainer was similar to the C I. Twelve were acquired in 1923.
The Fokker C. IIIs were assigned lo the 1st Higher School of Military Pilots in Moscow. This example has an interesting motif on the fuselage.
The Konek-Gorbunok was designed by V N Khioni as a trainer but was not accepted in this role by the RKKVF. The prototype is seen in June 1923.
Konek-Gorbunok Ivanovets (c/n 31) was supplied to the Aviakhim at Ivanovo-Voznesensk in 1925. Aviakhim used about half of the thirty-two Konek-Gorbunoks built and Dobrolet received about twelve.
The Khioni Konek-Gorbunok was supplied to Aviakhim for aviation propaganda. This example belonged to the Mosoaviakhim and was named Moskovskii potrebitlokoop in May 1925. Pilot Soryan and instructor Zhdanov.
A Grigorovich M-24 reconnaissance flying-boat named Kommuna. This type was not successful and was quickly relegated to the training role.
Двухместный четырехплан конструкции Савельева. 1916 г.
V F Savel'ev's Chetyrekhplan, or Quadruplane (c/n 1/76), was built in 1922-23 and tested at the NOA.
Line-up of Nieuport 24bis fighters with a couple of B.E.2es at the end of the line, Moscow 1922. K K Artseulov at front between the two nearest aircraft.
"Хальберштадт" C-V советских ВВС
The eighteen Halberstadt C V two-seaters acquired in 1922 were assigned to a reconnaissance otryad in Leningrad but were short-lived in RKKVF service.
Junkers F 13 O.T.A. (c/n 637) of the Otryad tyazheloi aviatsii (Heavy Aviation Flight), Moscow 1925. A total of about twenty F 13s served with the VVF in the transport, training and auxiliary bombing roles.
Military personnel with the pilot P M Zakharov (centre), below the propeller of a VVS Junkers F 13. Zakharov was later employed by Deruluft.
R-RDAE Prombank (c/n 656) was one of the first twenty Junkers F 13s ordered by Dobrolet and delivered in 1923.
Dobrolet's R-RDAO Krasnyi kamvol'shchik (c/ n 648) was presented to the company with two other Junkers F 13s on 25 November, 1923.
Two Dobrolet Junkers F 13s participated in the Moscow-Peking flight in the summer of 1925. R-RDAP Pravda (c/n 673) was flown by V B Kopylov.
Junkers F 13 R-RDAA (c/n 649) Mossovet, probably during a flight made by V L Galyshev from Krasnoyarsk to the north in March 1926.
Junkers F 13 R-RODB Vse v Aviakhim (c/n 749) was acquired by Aviakhim in 1925 to replace the earlier R-RODB (c/n b92), which had crashed.
In May-June 1929 Junkers F 13 URSS-145 Mossovet (c/n 649) was equipped for aerial spraying and tested in the vicinity of Lake Baikal (Pilot S V Lyalin).
Starting in 1922 more than sixty Junkers F 13s saw service in the Soviet Union. R-RECB (c/n 547) was registered to Junkers-Luftverkehr in Moscow in 1923.
Dobrolet opened its Central Asian network with nine Junkers F 13s. R-RDAC, R-RDAK and R-RDAL were named Dekhan-Khlopkorob, Tashkentskii zheleznodorozhnik and Irregator and presented to Dobrolet at Tashkent on 1 May, 1924.
Two different aircraft were registered R-RECG (c/ns 569 and 693). Junkers-Luftverkehr used a total of ten Junkers F 13s in the Soviet Union before the company moved its activities to Persia.
The first aircraft on the Khabarovsk-Sakhalin route in the Far East of the USSR was Junkers F 13 CCCP-127 (c/n 670), seen here in January 1930.
Junkers F 13 R-RDAM Sibrevkom (c/n 645) was acquired by Sibaviakhim from Dobrolet in 1924 and was later re-registered R-RSAA. Photographed somewhere in the Altai mountains, July 1925.
Junkers F 13 D-257 (c/n 647) was delivered to the RKKVF in May 1923 and is seen here with both German registration and red stars.
Junkers F 13 R-RASA (C/n 668) was the only aircraft acquired hy Azdobrolet and based at Baku in Azerbaidzhan. At the end of 1923 it was taken over by Zakavia, a company based at Tiflis.
These two Junkers F 13s (c/ns 675 and 676) were delivered to Persia in May 1924. Note the machine-gun stands. One of the five D.H. 9As delivered at the same time is seen in the background.
The air force of the Chinese Kuomintang Government at Canton received two float-equipped Junkers F 13 transports from the Soviet Union in 1926.
The single Ansaldo A 300 (c/n 7071) and one of the two Avro Babys used by the 1st Higher School of Red Military Pilots in Moscow. Thirty A 300 reconnaissance aircraft were delivered to the RKKVF.
A batch of Savoia S.16 flying-boats was ordered from Italy for re-equipment of the RKKVF naval reconnaissance otryady at Odessa and Sevastopol.
The Savoia S.16s remained in service in the reconnaissance role until 1931 and were then retained as trainers.